This angel hair pasta with ground beef is simple and full of flavor. You make this scrumptious, easy dinner recipe with extra lean ground beef, onion, garlic, and herbs in no time.
Once you try this quick angel hair pasta with ground beef recipe, you will make it over and over again. This mouthwatering dinner dish has lots of protein and other simple healthy ingredients to keep you full and nourished after a long workday.
This angel hair pasta with ground beef recipe is the best pasta recipe I have enjoyed ever since I was a little girl with my family and friends. You are going to love it too!
Find some of my other favorite ground beef recipes: Juicy extra lean ground beef burger patty, easy ground beef and broccoli casserole, Keto eggplant casserole with ground beef., Sourdough starter hamburger patty, Ground beef and frozen vegetables soup.
- Ground beef. I used extra lean ground beef. Use any meat you have on hand. Ground chicken and turkey work too.
- Angel hair pasta. I used regular angel hair pasta. You may use any other pasta, such as whole wheat pasta, either small or medium size pasta. Read the instructions on the package to cook it.
- Pasta sauce. I used store-bought pasta sauce for convenience. You may use fresh or canned tomatoes to make a sauce. Cook tomatoes well through and mash them. You may even use tomato paste dissolved in water to make a sauce.
- Onion and garlic. They add lots of flavors to the dish.
- Cilantro and parsley. Use any other herbs you like the best; basil, thyme, rosemary. oregano, chives, or tarregan. Either fresh or dry.
- Olives. Adds a surprise salty bite to the dish. Use parmesan cheese instead.
- Oil. As needed. I used avocado oil. You may use olive oil.
- Seasonings. Salt and pepper.
- Water. To cook the angel hair pasta.
1. Bring water to a boil in a larger pot and add salt as needed. Add oil to a skillet and saute onion and garlic over medium-high heat.
Whenever the skillet looks dry, add one tablespoon of oil.
2. Add extra lean ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until no red meat and liquid are left.
3. Meanwhile, add the angel hair pasta to the seasoned boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add in cilantro and parsley, and pasta sauce. Let them cook for a few minutes.
5. Drain the pasta, add it to the skillet, and incorporate the ingredients. Let them cook for a few minutes.
6. Garnish with some olives and parsley flakes, and serve it hot. ENJOY!
- Do not overcook the angel hair pasta. 3 minutes is enough for this thin pasta.
- Use other types of pasta. All will taste great no matter what! Use the instructions on the package to cook the pasta.
- Season the water with salt before adding the pasta.
- Taste the pasta and sauce, and adjust the seasonings if needed. Add more salt if needed.
- Make a double batch of the meat sauce and save it in the fridge for another easy dinner night with angel hair pasta and meat sauce.
- When sauteing ground beef, make sure it does not form big clumps.
- I used half a box of angel hair pasta to make the recipe low-carb. Use all to stretch this dish for more servings.
- Or add cooked mixed vegetables like peas, corn, beans, and carrots to stretch the dish and make it even more nutritious.
Substitutions and variations to this recipe
- Make this angel hair pasta with cooked chicken, shrimp, sausage, tofu, eggs, or beans.
- Turn this recipe into a creamy angel hair pasta with ground beef by adding sour cream, plain whole milk yogurt, heavy cream, or soft cheese in step 5.
- Make it as a side dish with no meat in it.
- Add vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, sweet cherry tomatoes, or peppers.
- Garnish it with toasted nuts and seeds.
- You may even turn this recipe into angel hair pasta with ground beef soup (cook pasta in broth) or casserole (add cheese and bake it).
- Serve it with some parmesan cheese.
- Make this dish with spices and herbs of your preference.
- Make it hot and spicy, using red pepper flakes and black peppers.
- You may substitute the pasta with rice, couscous, quinoa, or potatoes.
- Cook this recipe in an instant pot, crock pot, or slow cooker.
I used this 10-inch cast-iron skillet (affiliate link). Everything tastes extra delicious when cooked in cast-iron cookware.
Storage and reheat
Store the angel hair pasta with ground beef in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days. Heat it through on a stovetop or microwave it.
What to serve with it
Serve angel hair pasta with ground beef on its own with a garnish of olives, parmesan cheese, or cherry tomatoes. Serve it with a fresh spring salad or fermented vegetables. Roasted garlic sesame green beans and keto broccoli cauliflower salad are other great options.
I hope you get to try my favorite pasta recipe. Angel hair pasta with ground beef is a comforting and versatile dish that is so easy and quick to make. Let me know how you did it! I love to hear from you!
More easy extra lean ground beef recipes for you:
- Juicy extra lean ground beef burger patty
- Easy ground beef and broccoli casserole.
- Keto eggplant casserole with ground beef.
- Sourdough starter hamburger patty.
- Ground beef and frozen vegetables soup.
Angel hair pasta with ground beef, angel hair with meat pasta, dinner recipes with angel hair pasta and ground beef, ground beef and angel hair pasta, angel hair ground beef
- 1 lb of extra lean ground beef
- 8 oz of angel hair pasta
- 1 and ½ cup pasta sauce
- 1 medium diced onion
- 4 cloves of chopped Garlic.
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- Olives for serving
- Oil as needed
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 2 quarts of water
- Bring water to a boil in a larger pot and add salt as needed.
- Add oil to a skillet and saute onion and garlic over medium-high heat.
- Whenever the skillet looks dry, add one tablespoon of oil.
- Add extra lean ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until no red meat and liquid are left.
- Meanwhile, add the angel hair pasta to the seasoned boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in cilantro and parsley, and pasta sauce.
- Let them cook for a few minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet and incorporate the ingredients.
- Let them cook for a few minutes.
- Garnish with some olives and parsley flakes, and serve hot. ENJOY!
- If you are short on time, you may cook the angel hair pasta in the final sauce by adding about a cup of broth or stock. Bring it to a boil and cover it to cook over medium-low heat.
- Season this angel hair pasta with ground beef to your preference with spices and herbs of your choice.
- Garnish it with cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, or olives.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 37g