This easy gluten free hamburger stew soup recipe is the best meal to keep you warm in this cool weather. Full of flavor, healthy, and delicious for you to enjoy in every bite. You make this low-carb keto-friendly soup recipe with extra lean ground beef and herbs.
This gluten free hamburger soup is made of extra lean ground beef, lots of herbs, and enough spices to make it special and full of flavor and taste for everyday dinner meals.
This gluten free hamburger soup recipe is my family's favorite and is so easy and quick to put together for dinner. This hot soup recipe is perfect for everyone to enjoy and warm up after a long workday.
- Ground beef. I used extra lean ground beef. Use any other ground meat you have on hand. Ground turkey and chicken work too.
- Legumes. I used homemade cooked black-eyed peas. You may use beans of your choice.
- Onion and garlic. It adds lots of flavors.
- Cilantro and parsley. Adds a lot of flavors and green color to the dish.
- Lemon juice. Add flavor and acidity.
- Dry mint. Goes well with ground meat.
- Turmeric. It adds lovely color and health benefits.
- Oil. As needed to sauté. I used avocado oil.
- Seasonings. Salt and pepper
- Water. as needed.
Whenever the skillet looks dry while sauteing, add a tablespoon of oil to it.
1. Add oil to a skillet and sauté diced onion and garlic until soft and browned.
2. Next, add in both chopped cilantro and parsley and sauté them all.
3. Add mint and turmeric to them and continue sautéing them.
4. Add ground beef and sauté until no red meat is left. Then, transfer everything into a pot.
5. Add the black-eyed peas and lemon juice.
6. Add enough water ( not a lot) to just submerge the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bring it to a boil and lower the heat to simmer on low heat for 45 minutes or until everything comes together.
8. Serve this stovetop gluten free hamburger soup with bread or rice. ENJOY!
Tips and tricks
- Sauteing adds lots of flavor to the dish. Do not skip it.
- Do not add a lot of water; just enough to cover it.
- Keep the heat low and simmer it long for the best result.
- Do not skip mint, as it goes best with ground meat.
- You may substitute herbs with spinach.
- The soup will thicken as it cooks on low heat for an extended period.
- If you want your soup thicker, add in some flour or potatoes.
- Add spices and herbs of your choice.
- You may add vegetables of your choice, such as carrots, cabbage, green beans, peas, corn, and broccoli.
Substitutions and variations to this recipe
- Substitute ground beef with ground chicken or turkey meat.
- Substitute herbs with spinach to make this gluten free hamburger soup.
- Make this recipe into a creamy casserole by mixing it with cooked rice and cheese.'
- Use it as a sauce and make it into a pasta/noodle dish.
- Make it with vegetables, spices, and herbs of your choice.
- Use less water and make skillet ground beef dish.
- Make this soup with potatoes.
- You can make this gluten free hamburger soup in a crock pot or instant pot.
I used this 10-inch cast-iron skillet (affiliate link) for sauteing. Everything tastes extra delicious when cooked in cast-iron cookware.
Storage and reheat
Store the leftover gluten free hamburger soup in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Heat it over the stovetop or microwave it.
What to serve with it
I hope you enjoy this delicious aromatic soup as much as we do! Let me know how you liked it! I love to hear from you!
Please rate, comment, and share this recipe on Pinterest!
Check out more delicious ground beef recipes:
- Juicy extra lean ground beef burger patty
- Easy ground beef and broccoli casserole.
- keto eggplant casserole with ground beef.
- Sourdough starter hamburger patty
Gluten free hamburger soup, low fat hamburger soup, healthy hamburger soup, hamburger soup keto, easy hamburger stew, hamburger soup gluten free dairy free
- 1 lb of extra lean ground beef
- ½ cup of black eyed peas
- I medium diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dry mint
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- Oil as needed
- Salt pepper as needed
- Water as needed
- Add oil to a skillet and sauté diced onion and garlic until soft and browned.
- Next, add in both chopped cilantro and parsley and sauté them all.
- Add mint and turmeric to them and continue sautéing them.
- Then, add ground beef and sauté until no red meat is left.
- Transfer everything into a pot and add black-eyed peas.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Then, add enough water (not a lot) to submerge the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring it to a boil and lower the heat to simmer for 45 minutes or until everything comes together.
- Serve it with bread or rice. ENJOY
- You may saute everything in the same pot instead.
- Add spices and herbs of your choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 263mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 36g