This quick teriyaki cabbage stir fry is seasoned to perfection and full of flavor. It has a sweet and sour flavor and is made with a few ingredients in less than 3o minutes.
Cabbage is readily available year-round. It is a healthy vegetable that is affordable and easy to cook or make a fresh salad with.
I often make this teriyaki cabbage stir fry since it is delicious, nutritious, easy, and quick to make as a side dish. You will find it delightful!
This teriyaki cabbage stir fry has a sweet and sour flavor, but it can be seasoned to your preference; hot, sweet, creamy, spicy, tangy, or mixed. Experiment with it and find your favorite one.
More veggie recipes for you; Garlic sesame green beans and roasted honey cumin broccoli.
- Red cabbage. I used half of a medium-sized red cabbage. You can use other types of cabbage, such as white cabbage.
- Diced garlic. For tasty garlic flavor.
- Teriyaki sauce. It adds a savory and sweet taste to the dish.
- Sesame seeds. Adds delicious nutty flavor and texture to the dish.
- Oil. I use avocado oil as it has a high smoke point and is fabulous for sauteing at high heat. It does not have a smell or taste to alter the dish's flavor.
- Seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Parsley flakes. for garnish.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
Remove the hard part, chop the red cabbage, and dice the garlic.
Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add oil to it.
Saute garlic for a few seconds.
Then, add red cabbage and saute until you see the initial sign of browning.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Then add Teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds.
Continue sauteing for a few minutes.
Then transfer the skillet to the oven and cook it for about 5 minutes.
Garnish it with parsley flakes and serve it hot or cold. Enjoy!
- Depending on how crunchy or soft you like teriyaki cabbage stir fry, adjust for cooking time and taste test it.
- I like to slice them a little thick. If you prefer, you may slice the red cabbage thin.
- Use spices, herbs, and sauces of your choice to customize the flavor.
- You can finish cooking it on the stovetop and skip the oven.
- Make a double batch of this recipe and save it for later.
Substitutions and variations to this recipe
- You may substitute red cabbage with other cabbages and similar vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale, or brussels sprouts.
- Substitute teriyaki sauce with apple cider vinegar and honey or basamic vinegar.
- Make this recipe into a raw red cabbage salad or slaw by dicing it thin.
- Use spices and herbs of your choice.
- Add it to cooked pasta, potatoes, or rice as a great healthy side dish.
- Add your choice of cooked protein( chicken, meat, shrimp, salmon, beans, tofu, sausages, cheese, or eggs) to make it more filling.
- Make this recipe creamy and serve it with sour cream, soft cheese, or heavy cream.
- Add in some roasted nuts and seeds.
- Make this recipe by adding fruits such as apples and grapes or vegetables such as carrots, celery, or cucumber.
I used this 10-inch cast-iron skillet (affiliate link). Everything tastes extra delicious when cooked in cast-iron cookware.
Storage and reheat
Store this teriyaki cabbage stir fry in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days. Warm it on a stovetop over low heat or microwave it. It tastes just as good when served cold out of the fridge.
What to serve with it
Served this teriyaki cabbage stir fry as a side dish with chicken kebabs in oven, burger patties, or Keto walnut crusted salmon for a simple healthy dinner.
You are going to enjoy this teriyaki cabbage stir fry recipe and make it regularly as an easy and quick side dish. It has a sweet and sour flavor that goes well with almost all dishes.
Let me know how you use red cabbage! I love to hear from you!
Please share this quick teriyaki cabbage stir fry recipe on Pinterest!
Find more veggie side dish recipes:
Sauteed red cabbage recipe, easy sesame garlic sauteed purple cabbage, simple sauteed red cabbage, sweet and sour red cabbage recipe. Teriyaki cabbage recipe, Asian cabbage stir fry, Korean stir fry, cabbage stir fry Chinese, stir fry cabbage, Asian cabbage stir fry recipe, cabbage stir fry vegetarian, vegan red cabbage stir fry, keto cabbage stir fry
Quick teriyaki cabbage stir fry
This quick teriyaki cabbage stir fry recipe is seasoned to perfection. It is full of sweet and sour flavors. You are going to love it!
- ½ diced red cabbage- Medium size
- 4 cloves of diced garlic
- 1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Oil as needed.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley flakes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Chop half of a red cabbage and dice garlic.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add oil to it.
- Saute garlic for a few seconds
- Then, add red cabbage and saute until you see the initial sign of browning.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add Teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds.
- Continue sauteing for a few minutes.
- Then transfer the skillet to the oven and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with parsley flakes and serve it hot or cold. Enjoy!
- Adjust for cooking time depending on how soft or crunchy you like the cabbage. Taste-test it!
- You may skip the oven and finish cooking it on the stovetop until desired texture is achieved.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Excellent recipe with red cabbage. So delicious! Thanks for sharing it!