This delicious ground beef and frozen mixed vegetables soup is easy, healthy, and quick to make. You make this hearty, healthy soup recipe with extra lean ground beef, oats, and colorful vegetables and serve it hot to the whole family as a complete meal for lunches and dinners. Make a double batch of this soup and freeze it for later. This is a soup you definitely will make over and over again.
I cook this delicious nourishing ground beef & frozen vegetables soup with loads of colorful vegetables and other healthy ingredients all winter long. My family absolutely loves it! Once you try it, you will make this rich and healthy soup to make you full and warm this cool winter season over and over again!
This soup is gluten-free.
You may adjust the ingredients to customize the soup to your liking and dietary needs.
- Ground beef. I used extra lean ground beef. Use any type of ground meat you have.
- Vegetables. I used frozen mixed vegetables (green beans, corn, peas, carrots). These precut small vegetables add lots of color to the soup. If you plan to use other types of vegetables, cut them small.
- Onion and garlic. It adds lots of flavors to the soup.
- Oats. I used rolled oat, which cooks faster to thicken up the soup. It adds a creamy texture to the soup.
- Broth. I used veggie broth. Use what you have on hand. You may even use plain water.
- Oil. As needed. I used avocado oil to saute onion and sear ground beef.
- Herbs. I used mint, cilantro, and parsley. This combination makes the best ground beef vegetable soup. But use any other herbs (chive, oregano, dill) you like the most.
- Tumeric. It adds a beautiful yellow color and health benefits.
- Seasonings. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lemon for serving
How to make easy vegetable ground beef soup (step by step)
Add oil to skillet and saute chopped onion and garlic over medium-high heat until soft and slightly browned.
Take the sauteed onion and garlic out and put them aside. Then, sear the ground meat until no red ground beef is left.
Add sauteed onion, garlic, and ground beef to a pot. Next, add frozen vegetables and rolled oats to the pot.
Add in dry mint, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
Pour the broth into the pot and mix everything.
Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
Once the soup starts to boil, lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with a lid. Let the soup simmer for 45 minutes.
Turn the soup off and add in chopped cilantro and parsley.
At this point, adjust the seasonings to your taste. Serve it hot with fresh lemon. ENJOY!
Tips and tricks
- Saute the onion and garlic. This will bring out their sweetness and flavors. Make sure not to burn them.
- Brown the ground beef. Just enough to sear the meat and brown it. Do not overcook it.
- Make a double batch. You will never have enough of this soup.
- Cut vegetables small and evenly. So that they all cook fast and at the same time.
- I make this soup thick. You can add more broth to make it thinner. Soups, in general, thicken up as they cool down!
- Feel free to add your favorite spices and herbs.
Substitutions and variations to this recipe
- Use any other vegetables or ground meat. Celery, eggplant, zucchini, or cabbage. Ground turkey or chicken breast.
- Or make it vegan and use lentils, beans, and chickpeas.
- Substitute rolled oats. Rice, small pasta, flour, starchy potatoes.
- Or make it keto-friendly and use heavy cream or cheese.
- Make this ground beef & frozen vegetables soup with the spices and herbs of your choice.
- Make this soup in an oven or instant pot instead.
I used this 10-inch cast-iron skillet (affiliate link) to saute garlic and onion and sear the meat.
You can saute it all in the pot instead so that fewer dishes to clean.
I cooked this soup recipe in an 8-quart pot.
Storage and reheat
Store leftover soup in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer. Freeze it in individual servings in a freezer-safe bag and thaw it the night before, and heat it on the stovetop or microwave it.
What to serve with it
I served it as a main course for dinner with some fresh lemon. You may serve it with sour cream, diced avocado, or toasted bread cubes. Serve it with a fresh season or spring salad.
This ground beef & frozen vegetables soup is full of flavor and filling, a great homemade soup idea for dinner. Your family will love this soup recipe as much as mine! Let me know in common below how you did it! I love to hear from you!
Please rate, comment, and share this ground beef & frozen vegetables soup recipe on Pinterest! Thank you!
More delicious nutritious ground beef recipes:
- Juicy extra lean ground beef burger patty
- Easy ground beef and broccoli casserole.
- Keto eggplant casserole with ground beef.
- Sourdough starter hamburger patty.
More delicious nutritious soup recipes:
Vegetable soup with ground beef and frozen vegetables, hamburger soup with frozen vegetables, easy vegetable soup with ground beef, best hamburger vegetable soup recipe, easy vegetable beef soup without tomato.
Ground beef and frozen mixed vegetables soup(easy & healthy)
- 1 lb of extra lean ground beef
- 12 Oz of mixed frozen vegetables green beans, corn, peas, carrots
- 1 medium size diced onion
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 8 cups of veggie broth
- 3 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. dry mint
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp.turmeric
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Lemon for serving
- Add oil to the skillet and saute chopped onion and garlic over medium-high heat until soft and slightly browned.
- Take the sauteed onion and garlic out and put them aside. Then, sear the ground meat until no red ground beef is left.
- Add sauteed onion, garlic, and ground beef to a pot.
- Next, add frozen vegetables and rolled oats to the pot.
- Add in dry mint, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the broth into the pot and mix everything.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once the soup starts to boil, lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the soup simmer for 45 minutes.
- Turn the soup off and add in chopped cilantro and parsley.
- At this point, adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Serve it hot with fresh lemon. ENJOY!
Your Private Notes
- I cooked this soup in an 8-quart pot.
- I made this soup thick. You can add more broth to make it thinner. Soups, in general, thicken up as they cool down!
- Add in more of your favorite spices and herbs.
Note: The provided nutrition information is an estimate for the entire recipe, the calorie accuracy nutritional facts, unit and portion conversion are calculated by a third party app. and are not guaranteed.